Tuesday 5 January 2010

That's one way to keep a pet!

Somebody told me that a particular man in the homeless shelter I was working in had a pet rat with him.

There was a rule of no pets allowed at this shelter, so I went to have a look. I went upstairs and identified the man by the clothing I'd had described to me. But where was the rat? I could see both his hands - no rat - he had no bags etc, and he was wearing fairly tight fitting cream jeans and a cream tank top tucked into them.

As I was looking at him, he turned around, and then I saw, at the bottom of his top a slight bulge just before it tucked into his trousers. And so there is was, snugly snoozing against his skin. Apparently, it always lived on him. And no, he didn't smell at all. I turned a blind eye - well, you've got to give points for ingenuity!

No comments:

Post a Comment